Situated on the corner of Canal and Burgundy Streets, The Saint Hotel offers a peek into the past. Known as the Audubon Building, the original structure was built in 1909 and is noted for its architectural and historical significance.
It was originally constructed as a hotel; an ambition which was never realized. The building was later converted into office spaces with ground floor retail.
The building was occupied as offices until early 2004 when the interior demolition commenced. Work ceased in 2005 and the property had remained untouched until Canal Street Lodging, LLC purchased the building in 2010 and began renovations and construction.